On March 29, 2018, West Marin Fund hosted a Skillbuilding Workshop at the Dance Palace in Point Reyes Station. Many thanks to all presenters, volunteers, and attendees for such a successful event.
Fiscal Sponsorship: How to make it work for all involved with Mary O’Mara, Co-Founder & Executive Director, MarinLink
“Fiscal Sponsorship: A Hidden Resource for Nonprofit Entrepreneurs” from Nonprofit Quarterly, Feb 21, 2018
Financial Transparency: Addressing your tax and accounting questions with Mark Mumm, CPA
Fundraising in These Weird Times: What’s new, what’s hot, what’s over, what’s not with Kim Klein, Klein & Roth Consulting
“This was invaluable. Thanks so much!”
“I love the dynamic speakers.”
“This was outstanding.”
Many nonprofit organizations lack the funds and person-power to send their staff to training workshops where they can boost their knowledge and learn new skills. This is especially problematic in a rural area such as West Marin, where attending most trainings requires well over an hour’s drive each way.
One of the West Marin Fund’s most popular services is the shared learning, skillbuilding workshops we offer our local nonprofits for free, the subjects of which are based on requests from the field.
Equally important is the too-rare opportunity to meet with colleagues in an informal setting. Each workshop ends with a reception of wine and cheese, meet and mingle, compare and collaborate.
- Feb 2017 – A ConFab with Supervisor Dennis Rodoni: West Marin’s Partnership with County Government
- Sept 2016 – Fundraising and Legacy Giving Programs
- Feb 2016 – Board Roles and Responsibilities
- October 2015 – Better Media Outreach: Local Media Strategies and Specifics
- March 2015 – Getting Our Act (further) Together
- Sept 2014 – Grantsmanship: the art of the perfect proposal
- April 2014 – Evaluations: your programs, your staff — and how to report your findings to others
- October 2013 – Nonprofit Law 101
- May 2013 – Creating a Smart Phone Video: Energizing websites and Facebook pages in 10 minutes flat & What Every Board Member Should Know to Serve a Non-Profit Well
- December 2012 – The Role of a Non-Profit Board of Directors & Using Facebook as a Tool for Fundraising and Outreach
- August 2012 – Enhancing Nonprofit Effectiveness with Information Technology