West Marin Fund awarded $100,000 to 24 nonprofits seeking to improve organizational effectiveness in order to more effectively address the opportunities and challenges facing the coastal West Marin region. With this 11th round, the Fund has awarded more than $665,000 in Community Grants over the past 6 years to nonprofit organizations serving West Marin – all made possible by generous gifts from our donors.
The 2018 Community Grants funded a variety of approaches to supporting community health and vitality; encouraging land, water, and wildlife stewardship; strengthening community arts and culture; advancing educational opportunities for all; and promoting equity.
Congratulations to all of our 2018 Community Grant Partners!
- Audubon Canyon Ranch
- Black Mountain Circle
- Bolinas Community Center
- Bolinas Community Land Trust
- Bolinas Museum
- Bolinas Stinson Young Stewards of the Land
- Center for Creative Community at Commonweal
- Coastal Health Alliance
- Community Land Trust Association of West Marin (CLAM)
- Gallery Route One
- Greater Farallones Association
- Kids Cooking for Life
- Natura Institute for Ecology and Medicine at Commonweal Garden
- Papermill Creek Children’s Corner
- Parent Services Project
- Salmon Protection And Watershed Network/Turtle Island Restoration Network
- San Geronimo Valley Community Center
- Slide Ranch
- Sound Orchard
- The Dance Palace
- West Marin Community Services
- West Marin Review
- West Marin Senior Services
PLEASE NOTE: In consultation with a variety of stakeholders, West Marin Fund has changed the community grants cycle to once a year. Our next round of community grants will take place in Spring 2019. The intention is to increase the individual grant size, increase the total amount awarded each year, and reduce administrative work for all concerned. We are also planning to award a handful of grants in the $10,000-$15,000 range each year that address specific challenges in West Marin.