Many nonprofit organizations lack the funds and person-power to send their staff to training workshops where they can boost their knowledge and learn new skills. This is especially problematic in a rural area such as West Marin, where attending most trainings can mean up to three hours’ travel.
One of West Marin Fund’s most popular services is the shared learning, skillbuilding workshops we offer our local nonprofits for free, the subjects of which are based on requests from the field. High quality, professional presenters address a particular topic, answer participant questions, and provide handouts for guidance and later use.
Equally important is the too-rare opportunity to meet with colleagues in an informal setting. Each workshop offers meet and mingle, compare and collaborate, supplemented with delicious locally sourced food. During the COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders, we have provided a range of training and professional input through video conference meetings, one-on-one coaching, and webinars.
- March-July 2020 – Navigating the COVID-19 Crisis: weekly presentations and sharings for nonprofit Executive Directors
- February 2020 – Women and Girl’s Empowerment: Overcoming Challenges
- August 2019 – Board Roles and Responsibilities
- June & October 2019 – Project Implementation and Management
- March 2018 – A three-part training on Fiscal Sponsorship, Financial Transparency, and Fundraising.
- Feb 2017 – A ConFab with Supervisor Dennis Rodoni: West Marin’s Partnership with County Government
- Sept 2016 – Fundraising and Legacy Giving Programs
- Feb 2016 – Board Roles and Responsibilities
- October 2015 – Better Media Outreach: Local Media Strategies and Specifics
- March 2015 – Getting Our Act (further) Together
- Sept 2014 – Grantsmanship: the art of the perfect proposal
- April 2014 – Evaluations: your programs, your staff — and how to report your findings to others
- October 2013 – Nonprofit Law 101
- May 2013 – Creating a Smart Phone Video: Energizing websites and Facebook pages in 10 minutes flat & What Every Board Member Should Know to Serve a Non-Profit Well
- December 2012 – The Role of a Non-Profit Board of Directors & Using Facebook as a Tool for Fundraising and Outreach
- August 2012 – Enhancing Nonprofit Effectiveness with Information Technology