West Marin Fund awarded 26 nonprofit organizations a total of $219,750 to improve and strengthen programs and services in unincorporated West Marin – in response to the continuing covid pandemic, rising costs, inadequate housing, climate impacts and educational inequities. Funded activities include: financial literacy training; building food security through school gardens and gleaning; broadcasting programs in Spanish on community radio; providing home signage for emergency services; and supporting senior citizens to secure their sensitive medical and health data.
This round of Community Grants emphasizes West Marin Fund’s commitment to activities that promote justice, diversity, equity and inclusion; challenge racism; and positively affect the health and wellbeing of marginalized communities, particularly Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), as well as members of low-income households.
Since 2013, West Marin Fund has awarded more than $1,380,000 to nonprofit organizations and collaboratives serving West Marin – made possible by generous support from our donors.
Special thanks to Corey Goodman, Marcia Barinaga and Kalliopeia Foundation for their generous contributions to our community grants program in 2022.
Congratulations to all of our 2022 Community Grant Partners!
- Audubon Canyon Ranch
- Bach’s Daughter
- Bolinas Community Land Trust
- Bolinas Museum
- Bolinas Stinson Summer Camp
- Bolinas Stinson Young Stewards of the Land
- Center for Creative Community at Commonweal
- Community Land Trust Association of West Marin
- Dance Palace Community Center
- Environmental Action Committee of West Marin
- Gallery Route One
- Greater Farallones Association
- Halleck Creek Ranch
- Innovative Health Solutions
- Natura Institute for Ecology and Medicine
- Nicasio School Foundation
- Point Reyes Disaster Council
- Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- River Otter Ecology Project
- San Geronimo Valley Community Center
- The New School at Commonweal
- Tomales Elementary PTA
- West Marin Climate Action
- West Marin Senior Services